Membership of Arbeitsgemeinschaft Deutscher Kunstvereine (ADKV) is open to Kunstvereine with official non-profit status that can prove multiple years of quality programming conducted in the civic spirit of traditional Kunstvereine.
Kunstvereine considered for membership include those
- dedicated to the public presentation and mediation of contemporary art, primarily through exhibitions and secondarily through events and other activities,
- who strive to open up the field of contemporary art and therefore do not focus on art by their own association members,
- that stand in the tradition of middle-class Kunstvereine and are an expression of civic engagement in the field of contemporary art,
- that have had official non-profit status for a minimum of three years.
Kunstvereine that have been operating according to the principles listed above for less than 3 years (e.g. newly-founded Kunstvereine) can be granted membership on a trial basis, allowing them to benefit from ADKV network in the early stages of their work. When the probationary period has ended (after 3 years) ADKV will review the Kunstverein’s activities. If the Kunstverein has continued to operate according to the principles listed above, then it will be granted regular membership; otherwise membership ends after the probationary period. All Kunstvereine are charged the regular membership fee, even during the probationary period.
Membership comes with rights and obligations. Framework agreements and contracts also secure economic benefits for non-profit ADKV Kunstvereine.
- Free admission for all members of any Kunstverein within ADKV network to all other ADKV member institutions
- 20% discount on GEMA fees, as well as reduced rates for VG Bild-Kunst
- 20-60 % discount on advertisements in KQ KUNSTQUARTAL
- An insurance concept with Artekuranz GmbH & Co. KG
Service & Information
- Periodical newsletters with funding opportunities, calls for tender/proposals/etc, competitions, legislative changes etc.
- Contact support for individual inquiries
- Continual developmental support for Kunstvereine, including support for those in their foundation phase
- A consolidated listing of annual editions, catalogs and publications of individual Kunstvereine online
- A consolidated listing of employment ads and calls for tender on our website
- Continuing education courses and events for Kunstverein employees and volunteers
- Data collection and evaluation for all matters Kunstverein
- Free Admission: Every Kunstverein is obligated to grant free admission to all members of other ADKV member Kunstvereins.
- Member IDs: The following sentence must be explicitly stated on all Kunstverein member IDs (in order to ensure free admission): "Diese Mitgliedskarte berechtigt zum freien Eintritt bei allen Kunstvereinen, die der ADKV angeschlossen sind."
- Member Surveys: ADKV periodically collects figures and data from the individual Kunstvereine in the form of member surveys. Kunstvereine are required to fill out all forms, questionnaires etc. and return them to ADKV in a timely manner.
The benefits and services of ADKV rely on the mutual support of all member associations. For this reason, ADKV Membership will be automatically revoked with the end of the second year, should a Kunstverein's outstanding dues not have been settled before this time.
All member Kunstvereine of ADKV are subject to an annual membership fee. This fee is based on the number of members in the respective Kunstverein and is calculated as follows:
- up to 100 Kunstverein members -> 85 Euros / year
- up to 300 Kunstverein members -> 140 Euros / year
- up to 500 Kunstverein members -> 200 Euros / year
- up to 1000 Kunstverein members -> 290 Euros / year
- up to 2000 Kunstverein members -> 370 Euros / year
- up to 2001 Kunstverein members -> 610 Euros / year
The Membership Fee Regulations can be downloaded here (PDF, German).
For Sustaining Members
To enroll as a sustaining member, individuals and companies are subject to a minimum annual fee. Any contributions exceeding the minimum fee must be individually negotiated with the Board of Trustees.
- Natural persons -> from 200 Euros/ year
- Legal entities -> from 250 Euros / year
Our Sustaining Members:
(hier soll das Logo von Artekuranz rein)